Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pinterest Junkie

Ok, I'll admit it. I can add one more thing to my menagerie of random things that I absolutely love. Pinterest is the newest.

Have you ever been on Pinterest? It is by far the most amazing thing I've come across. The concept is that its an online pin board for you to virtually pin different items. Say, that new pair of pants you've been spying online... a good looking recipe... a hairstyle seen in a magazine... You can pin them all on your own pinboard and it saves the link of the site for you to refer back to.

I'll admit. I found some pretty tasty recipes on there. Ones that are not healthy and should in no way be taken as every day food. I mean, Chocolate Covered Oreo Truffles sound good in theory, see a pin I made from the one and only Bakerella for them here. Yes, I know. Thats like giving crack to a baby and trying to take it away.

But, there are a TON of useful recipes, like the one I found here for Grilled Portobello Mushrooms. What I like to do is to take the recipes I find on Pinterest and make them a little healthier. For instance, the delicious dinner I made the other night (recipe can be found here) I modified to make it a little healthier for you by subbing quinoa noodles and adding veggies.

There is plenty of opportunity to find recipes that will suit nearly any appetite, diet modifications included. I have found many vegetarian, tofu, chicken, seafood... if you can dream it, I'm sure someones pinned it.

Happy Pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment