Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Productivity...

Its funny once you get something to do how you get a little spring in your step.

I started watching my sisters kids today to help her out. They are usually really well behaved so I didnt have any problems saying yes.

I got up this morning and had a mission. I had a few errands to run before I ran over to her place. I got there and the girl (year and a half) was in a good mood running around in her pj's. We (the 12 year old and 5 year old boys) watched Spongebob for a bit. They started getting hungry and this is where I actually felt good. I brought my lunch today. I brought the Weight Watchers Chicken Enchilada Suiza, a banana, two plums and a granola bar. The big kid had some ravioli, the two little ones had some mac and cheese. I made my frozen lunch.

I was giggling when I ate my banana, because both the 5 year old and the 1.5 year old. They both wanted bites. I had one banana, so the 'sharing' of it didnt leave much for any of us, but they were happy to get some. I was really surprised when I started eating my plum later in the day, because the girl comes up to me, smiling, looking so happy... she puts her little chunky hand on my knee and looks at me raising her eyebrows... then proceeds to say, "MINE". I started laughing so hard. At least the kidlets like fruit! I can't get angry at that.

Then, when the girl went down for a nap in the afternoon the big boys and I went out and got in the pool. We were having so much fun, two hours later after the girl woke up, the boys wanted to stay in the pool. I put the swim diaper on the girl, her cute little pink polka dotted swim suit and we all played in the pool for another 45 minutes. Afterwards, the boys wanted to watch "Diary of a Wimpy Kid; Roderick Rules". It was a good kid movie. The 12 year old can relate. He said that if his parents did some of those things, he would just die of embarrassment. I said, "Well, good thing you have the parents you do. I don't think you have to worry about that with your momma or your daddy". He just smiled.

After three hours in the pool, I am a little pink. A little tired. But, incredibly motivated. It makes me feel good knowing that my sister entrusts me with her kids, that they like spending time with me and that I now have something to do other than blog and search for jobs all day. Its nice to get there and hear both the boys say, "Saa Saa is here!" I even have heard the little girl say Saa Saa a few times and nothing is more worth it than her trying to say "love you" and blow you kisses when you leave saying "MWAH"

Its funny how something that seems so minute, can make your heart feel so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment