Monday, July 11, 2011

How was your weekend??

How was everyone's weekend? Did everyone stay on their diets? GOOD! Because I didn't.


Ha.


It was our anniversary, my man and I... we've been together for two years. So, I planned a nice dinner for us to munch on. I made sauteed shrimp, roasted asparagus and for dessert an apple and strawberry cobbler.






The shrimp was not bad at all for you, I sauteed it in a little garlic (two cloves that I grate very fine), a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of unsalted butter. I added parsley and basil for other flavors. The asparagus was roasted in the oven with two tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Thats it. It turned out like this...




Then, we had a cheap bottle of wine (Barefoot Moscato) and I made an apple strawberry cobbler for an easy dessert. It was super simple. 

I used a container of strawberries and one granny smith apple in the recipe. 

2 tbsp. butter
1 c. Bisquick
1/2 c. sugar ( I used dark brown sugar)
1/2 c. milk
3 c. cut up fruit of your choice 



Turn oven to 375°F. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Mix Bisquick, sugar, and milk. Pour over melted butter. Spoon fruit over. If using canned peaches, pour on some of the juice also.
Bake at 375°F for 30 minutes. Can double the recipe. Bake in 9 x 13 inch pan.


It turned out like this



I only had a smidgeon of the cobbler, so I didnt feel too bad. What I did feel bad about was helping my man polish off a very large bottle of wine. That, calorically killed me for the day. 

Saturday was uneventful. I finally found some rhubarb, of which I have been searching for now since last summer. Fry's had some a few weeks ago, but it looked limp and pathetic. I didn't purchase it. This weekend, I called a farmers market here in town and asked them if they had any rhubarb. They did. And, they had strawberries on sale too. What is one to do with 5 packages of strawberries and 3 pounds of rhubarb?

Make pie. 



I did not partake in any slices of pie. . . yet. Saturday night we had a pasta for dinner (I served myself a small portion with a salad on the side) but yet I still felt bad about eating the pasta. So, I made the pie. Smelled the pie. Touched the pie. Caressed the pie. You get it. . . but did not sample the pie. The pie recipe is no where near healthy with no substitutions that I can see to get the same end result. If you want the recipe, message me privately and I'll send it. 

Last night for dinner I made our staple oven 'fried' chicken and attempted to make some creamy parmesan polenta with sauteed mushrooms. I followed the damn recipe to a T. I babysat it for thirty minutes. I added the polenta slowly, whisking it the entire time. And, I still got the gritty couscous like texture. I cannot figure it out. Any one have any ideas on that one? I wish I could master it. 

After a weekend of drinking and relaxing, I got up this morning and went for a yog. Yes, I said yog. If you've watched Anchorman, you get it. I am up to four miles and I did it in about an hour. Not too shabby. I'm slowly getting my strength back. I swam with my nephews a few days last week and I really felt my muscles this weekend. Hopefully this is just a step in the right direction. 

Happy Monday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment