Thursday, June 23, 2011

Well, Damn

I started out with great intentions today. The best intentions aren't always the greatest plans. My intention was to get up and go for a walk today, come home, clean up and put the most awesome post together for your reading pleasure. So, well... yeah. That didn't happen.

What did happen is this... After moving around and exercising the last week or so, my legs weren't so cooperative last night. Frankly, they hurt. The only thing that felt better was when I was stretching. It was like a nasty case of restless leg syndrome but with pain. YUCK!

I finally got tired enough to sleep and passed out around 10. Mind you, we have 7 (yes 7) windows in our bedroom. I slept until 10:30 this morning, which is an amazing feat because its brighter than the surface of the sun in the bedroom by about 5:30.

I must have been really exhausted and didn't realize how much I had been pushing myself.

How much motivation have I had today? Well.... I've had a few cups of coffee. I made some oatmeal. And, its now 2:15 in the afternoon and I'm still typing this out. The amount of motivation today is overwhelming. 

There will be days you have no motivation to do anything. Hell, I don't even want to cook dinner tonight. But, its ok. I am not going to kick myself because I didn't go out for a walk this morning. There will be obstacles and other things that stop you from meeting your goals. I know I did a whole post about it before. However, its ok to rest once in a while. If you get lackadaisical and it becomes something where you're making excuses ALL THE TIME, then you'd probably want to reevaluate your outlook.

But, for one day its not a bad thing. It helps your muscles repair and get ready for the next bout of exercising. So, today I am just going to watch what I eat a little closer and try to go a little further tomorrow.

I slept away my inspirational message for today. I 'll leave you with a tool to use to help assist in your weight loss goals.

Webmd has a weight loss section on their website. Its very cut and dry, easy to use and to be honest, has a lot of good tools to give you ideas. You enter in your weight, height and sex. It asks you a series of questions and then tells you how many calories you should be shooting for each day. You can log your progress, your foods consumed each day, your exercise each day (it even has sex listed as an exercise) and will chart your progress each week. The really cool thing I thought was a great feature is that it will chart what you ate for the day and show you how much of it was protein, carbs and fats.

If you want to check it out, I've posted the link here.
http://www.webmd.com/diet/food-fitness-planner/default.htm

1 comment:

  1. Another good tool is myfitnesspal.com; plus they have an iPhone app.

    ReplyDelete