Sunday, June 5, 2011

Recipes, recipes, recipes...

Ok, well the big part about losing weight is knowing what to eat right? Well, it also includes knowing HOW to healthfully prepare your meal as well. A lot of these meals that I make are, frankly...residing in a big empty space...otherwise known as my head.

I cook to my taste and not everyone has the same taste. Luckily, Dave knows better and eats what I make otherwise hes back to being a bachelor and eating macaroni and cheese out of the pan he cooked it in (I still laugh at that). So far, he hasnt said anything I've made in the last few years was inedible, nor has he turned away from anything. There have been trials and errors, of course. But, most of the things we make on a normal basis get tweaked here and there based off the ingredients in the house.

I am going to try to compile a few things and place them under a new forthcoming "recipes" tab.

What is your favorite healthy recipe?

2 comments:

  1. I know, Ina Garten and healthy are usually not used in the same sentence, but this is something I tried last night and it was VERY quick/easy and tasted awesome! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/garlic-sauteed-spinach-recipe/index.html I cut out the butter at the end, but if you really needed/wanted it I'm sure you could put a tiny amount on top. So garlicky and so good! It really seemed like you were eating something more naughty than it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know whats funny is that I tried that exact recipe a few weeks ago with a bag of spinach in the house. The only difference was no butter, no lemon but I sprinkled a little bit of parmesan cheese on it at the very end. Not to shabby.

    But, even better (and so much worse, I'm sure) was I took about three pieces of bacon, cut them into little pieces and sauteed til crispy. Then, instead of adding oil, I just used what was in the pan from the bacon. It was wonderful both ways!

    ReplyDelete